Note: Now that Workflows are live in all accounts, you can do everything that Triggers and Campaigns do (and more!), all in one builder! Click to learn more about Workflows.
Send an email and/or SMS notification to your client(s) and/or yourself when a lead is added to a campaign:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to send internal notifications for workflows:
Set up a new workflow:
Click on Start from scratch
Click on Create workflow
Click on Add New Workflow Trigger
Once you configured the workflow trigger:
Click on Add your first Action
Click on Send Internal Notification
Choose the type of notification:
Rate limiting on Workflow Notifications
We have added Rate Limiting for Internal Notification action of workflows.
The current rate limits are
- 500 notifications / 5mins for each user (Per workflow)
- In the case of email, its 500 notifications per 5 mins, per user email
- In the case of SMS, its 500 notifications per 5 mins, per user's phone
- In the case of in-app notifications, its 500/5mins per user Id
We will skip any notifications that are sent after breaching this limit.
Why was this done, and how will this help?
- Because no limit was enforced, there were several updates made to a specific conversation of a user.
- Let's say you put 300k contacts into a workflow
- And in the internal notification you are sending a mail to a particular user (in most cases we have seen customers set up to send a notification to themselves)
- Now this particular user mail, will get 300k emails.
- Because of this, the conversation of this user will be updated 300k times, within a few seconds/minutes.
- This introduced an overall delay in processing workflow actions.
The rate-limiting should have good gatekeeping for these events, and also prevent customers to send bulk emails to a particular user